Kentwood Baptist Church had its beginnings as a Sunday School in the Smith School on Wing Avenue in 1864. It was officially organized on April 1, 1869 with twenty-nine members. The group met in the school and homes until 1880 when land was purchased and a brick building constructed on the present corner of 52nd Street and Breton Avenue. It was dedicated to the Lord on December 3, 1882 and was then called Paris Baptist Church after the township in which it was located.
In 1958 the aging building was replaced with a larger structure.
On July 19, 1967 the church voted to change the name of the church to Kentwood Baptist Church and two years later a new addition was added onto the building.
Today, KBC still points people to the Savior, encourages believers in their Christian lives, and welcomes visitors to worship with us.
To learn more about GARBC, press this link to go to the “Organizational Principles and Mission” page of the GARBC website.